Friday, April 03, 2009

I'm a Gear Snob

I admit, I'm a gear snob. In other words, I like to have the best of the best, sometimes. With sunglasses, I'm definitely a gear snob. After I had LASIK surgery 18 months ago, I was finally able to wear sunglasses. I first started with a pair of Walmart cheapies, but soon found out that you get what you pay for. Soon after that, I tried out some Oakleys, and man, was I hooked. The Oakley lenses are far superior to the drug store specials, and you get spoiled with having the best. High Definition Optics rock. Recently, I left my Oakleys at work, and had to use my backup pair of El cheapos in the meantime. Wow, what a difference, like night and day. In fact, this is my 2nd pair of discount store specials, since the first pair broke. Guess, what, this second pair just broke too. And the lenses were junk, it felt like I had cataracts in my eyes when compared to wearing the Oakleys. Yes, the Oakleys were about 10 times more than the cheapies, but it's worth it to me.

Speaking of sunglasses, now that I've been running a lot, I find that I have to wear sunglasses when running, or my eyes dry out too much. So, I ordered another pair of light-colored lenses so I could wear them at dusk. I wear black iridium lenses for full sunlight, G30 rose-colored lenses for partly cloudy skies, and wanted a pair of persimmon lenses for nighttime. That's the nice think about Oakleys, you can change the lenses depending on the lighting. So, I ordered the persimmon lenses last week and they arrived today. Only, they sent me 2 "different" lenses, yes, both persimmon, but for 2 different version of Oakley sunglasses. Doh. So, I had to send the mixed up lenses back and hopefully, will get the right lenses in a few days. It's always something!

No comments: