Sunday, April 12, 2009

Feeling Old

My daughter turned 13 yesterday. Yikes, where has the time gone? It's also the first time in awhile that I've really felt, well, old. Not that I am old, I just felt old as I laid down to go to sleep last night, thinking about the fact that I've got a teenage daughter. It seems like a lifetime ago, but at the same time, has passed in the blink of an eye. My daughter had a good day, and got to do the things that she wanted, and I think she enjoyed herself, although most of her friends were out of town, and they were on a break from school, so she spent it with us. We continued to celebrate with my wife's side of the family today, and our daughter got some great gifts. In another blink of an eye, she'll be graduating from high school, off to college, and then getting married. While I look forward to seeing her grow into womanhood, it also scares me beyond belief.

No comments: