Sunday, April 05, 2009

A 29.4 Mile Week

Well, another week of training is now in the books. I've completed 29.4 miles this week, culminating in my 11.1 mile long run that I mentioned earlier, followed by a 6 mile recovery jog yesterday. I feel pretty good, but definitely deserved the day of rest today, but will have to hit the pavement again tomorrow. The mileage only increases from here on out with a 12 mile run this week, a 13 mile run next week, and in the final week before the race, I believe I'll taper back to 8 or 9 miles. I just hope I remain healthy between now and then, and that I don't turn my ankle taking out the garbage or something.

My wife on the other hand is struggling with her training. She has been quite busy with work, and just hasn't had the time to get her long runs in. I think she's been running during the week at the gym, but her long run training has suffered. And now, it seems she's getting sick again. She has Asthma, and the running really stress her system. I have some concerns whether she'll be able to complete the mileage without hurting herself. I think she wants to prove to herself that she can do it, but I'm concerned about her health, and that she'll push it too far just to prove me wrong.

No comments: